A few years back we decided to change our eating habits. The kids have done an amazing job adjusting. For the most part. I lost 30 lbs over a 2 year span. (It's all back now because I love donuts). Anyway, basically we decided to eat more green smoothies and eat more fruits, veggies, nuts and berries. So for supper sometimes, we just munch on stuff. Maybe just cantaloupe and asparagus. Emma actually hates this idea. She's a definite "Mel" when it comes to eating. "What is the MAIN thing though, Mommy?" She needs a pasta or meat to qualify it as a meal. Well, we quit buying meat back then too. Oh we still eat plenty of meat - if we go out to eat or have our weekly meals at my parents. We just don't buy any. That included her coveted bologna and hot dogs. Bleh. Lately Aaron and I have caved and bought a couple packages of bologna. Do you know what bologna is made out of? Google it. Basically all the leftover parts of a pig. It's disgusting. I also saw a picture of a bologna cake when I was looking up the ingredients. Who does that?
So today Laish had 2 friends over to play - Alexis and Jayden. I put out a variety of fruits and veggies for them to munch on pretty much all day. Emma kept asking me what we were REALLY going to feed our guests. She proceeded to tell me that she hates it when I do this. "This" being that I just set this variety of goodness out. Her girl cousins were over all day Sunday and I did the same thing. She informed me today that she was so embarrassed when I did this and that her cousins even complained about it. She said they hate it as much as she does. I will find out the truth - Haddee, Eva, Kara and Hannah. If this is true, I may feed you mac and cheese next time, but I truly doubt she was telling me the truth.
So Laish asked his buddies if they wanted a bologna sandwich for lunch. Alexis asked, "What is bologna?" (See? Other kids don't eat that mixture of leftover animal parts either.) Laish's answer to this questions was "Bologna? Ah, it's meat that tastes like heaven." Yes, my poor children who don't get bologna. How neglected you are to not eat this on a regular basis. Some day they will thank me. And so will the cousins and Laish's buddies too. Emma, sweetie, maybe for your birthday I will make that nasty bologna cake for you. And I will make you eat every bite until you throw up and never want it again. Who wouldn't wanna be MY kid? My mom made us eat liver and onions. And you wonder why I love ketchup so much.
If you make a bologna cake, I will come to the party. I promise. Beck
ReplyDelete