Judah walks. ANNOYING. He is in everything or walks over to my legs and hangs on. AND he can't get himself back up yet. He also throws his head back and closes his eyes and smiles his toothy grin. He looks just like Laish or Aaron most people say. But then they say he looks like such a Shetler. Hmm, which is it? He drags Hobbes our cat around by her tail. She still likes him. Wierd. He's the joy of our life and we can't imagine life without him. If you are wondering if you should have another, YES.
I quit my job of 10 years. After 20 years of working after high school, it feels weird. Awesome weird. My body with the fibromyalgia and headaches and every other ache just couldn't keep up with the demands. And it felt like I wasn't doing a good enough job at work. So I told my brother that I reluctantly quit. It was one of the hardest things I have done and yet easy because I knew God wanted us to do this. It's been a week or so officially. I had been slowly stopping. The lack of money hurts but we will figure it out. We did when I quit Roadway and so we will again now. I will miss seeing Aaron and the other therapists and co workers. But it's okay. I am doing some consultant work with people to help them start their private practices since that was a lot of what I did. That and helping people with their insurance is about all I can offer at this point =)
Aaron's headaches these past 2 years are probably from this cervical neck degenerative disease he has. He started in with nerve pain down his arm a few months ago. So we are waiting for insurance to be approved until we dive head first into treatment (cortisone shots, physical therapy, or surgery). He's in a lot of constant pain and rightly so, sometimes downright crabby. I would like to think that I am pretty empathetic with him since I know every day pain but man, some days I get mad that he isn't well.
Emma rocked it this Spring and Summer with softball. Her coach was phenomenal. Coach Wayne and his staff made her a player. (Takes after me, the softball stud. Shut it, Kar).
She played great at Little League. Was Pitcher and is really doing great for her 1st year. Surprised me. Then mostly played 2nd and 3rd. She's got a good arm. Can bring the heat pitching at times for a freakin 10 year old. Always wants to be outside throwing and playing. I love it. She made All Stars which is like a travel league championship. They should've won the whole thing. BUT this red neck girl 10 y/o from Baugo who pitched, was good. She was a brat with a nose ring but good. Emma was one of the few to even hit off of her. I was so proud. I was up at the fence yelling every 3 seconds. It was like old times. (Goshen High School, Goshen High School...........) Baugo's coach lied about the nose ring which was taped and we were told she had a zit or some shit. Bottom line - the team had no integrity. We played good and fair and lost. Sucks but whatever. I was pumped and asked Emma if she at least had fun. She said no, she would've rather won 20-2 like most the other games leading up to it. Sigh. She doesn't share my competitive spirit but it will come. It must.
Hmm, since being out in the softball fields every night, we all got a little tan. My niece Tasha convinced me to dye my hair white and keep the back black. Lost a few pounds. Yep I am hot again. The kind of hot that is hot to my husband anyway. =) I got dragged to my 20 year high school reunion. I know, you would think I was 1st on the list but I was scared. It was okay but for some reason I was really nervous about what people would think. When I left h.s. I was a determined young girl with CEO of something all over me and was gonna beat every guy in anything they thought they were better at and sure I was gonna be successful. 20 years later I am a stay at home mom with funky hair and tattoos. A little different kind of successful but nonetheless, successful in my book. Some were nice. Some were drunk. We left at 9pm so I could go nurse Judah and put him to bed. See you again at 40 years. Maybe.
Regarding Laish, here's the latest Laish-ism: Mom, you know when you get those boogers and you rub them between your fingers and they just disappear? Um, Laish, they don't disappear. Well, they aren't on my finger anymore. Where do they go then? I love him. Apparently I don't have any recent pics of him. Tasha finally got him to cut his mohawk off. Now he swoops the front of his hair with a brush and gels it. He sprays man spray on him. A lot. It gags me and I have to remind him that 1 spray is enough. 5 is too much. He wants to be like Aaron and with Aaron all the time. He throws Judah around like a rag doll until we holler because Laish doesn't connect the dots that Judah is crying and doesn't like this anymore.
Kattor is getting older. 12 or 13 ish. I see her back legs go out some times as she skids across the linoleum or tries to jump in the van. Lady warts all over. Aaron is convinced she is deaf. One ear is up and the other stays back. (Oh magdalena-pagdalena-rufus-steiner-heiner-deiner-hokus-pokus-lokus was her name). If you don't know, don't ask.






Dearest Magdaleana Pagdaleana, this blog makes me miss you so much. Good for you for acknowledging God's tug and staying home. Sometimes you gotta say NO to something and that's OK. You are successful, your family shows it. Now send Emma down here so I can show her some things! Love you
ReplyDeleteOh my word I laughed out loud at Magdalena Pagdalena. Welcome to the world of stay at home Momma's. It's a great place to be, except when it's not. Text us every morning at 5:30 a.m. We are awake. Well at least Kar is. Call me by 7:30.
ReplyDeleteBeck