Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Indiana Life during Grammy Camp

There's no dirty laundry overflowing. We haven't run the dishwasher since Friday. I haven't cooked a meal in days. Cereal is often breakfast, lunch and dinner. Why? you ask. Because this is the blessed week that Grammy and Pop Pop meet us half way between our homes, somewhere in Ohio, take our kids and they head back home for a week of Grammy Camp in PA. Joining them, their 2 other and only cousins on Aaron's side of the family. Every week they do this is pure bliss and deathly quietness. Now we have a 10 month old so....whatever. It's still great. Despite the 9 or 10pm phone calls from Emma crying her eyes out that she misses us. Awww, my sweet Emma Jae. Laish just keeps asking if he can be done talking to me. I love it for about 2 days and then I am freaking out again and need them home to make my life chaos. Then I mope around for 3 more days. Then get pissed when there's only 1 day left and I have not accomplished anything. NOT this year (I hope)......

Here are the things I hope to accomplish while they are gone:
1. Clean out everything in Emma's room except for her clothes (current) and furniture. Everything else I am putting in the basement to sort through (aka burn) later. She doesn't read this. She'll never know. Here's a couple pics.


Not funny is it? She keeps EVERYTHING. A future hoarder for sure. Gotta nip that in the bed. Mom throwing out all your precious things while you are on vacation is always a good way to handle that.

2. Take care of all these outstanding bills for hospitals in Indiana and PA. And by taking care of, I mean calling them and begging financial help. We applied to for a sort of Medicaid now that I quit my job. But Indiana Medicaid doesn't cover anything in other states. WTH???? So we have to fill out a zillion and one applications for financial assistance. And they aren't easy to do either. Your entire life in this application. Remember we had Emma's Chambersburg ER visit, ambulance ride, and Hershey hospital bill. Aaron also had Chambursburg ER and some other medical clinic. Plus trying to keep up with the hospitals in Goshen with Aaron's cervical neck disease and nerve pain. My fake kidney stone ER visit and MRI's etc. Yeesh. Anyone wanna donate to the Detwiler hospital fund? (as if I have hoards of followers).

3. Rearrange my house. Not a big task with a toddler and a husband with no limb. Whatever. I can do it. I am moving my dining room into living room and vice versa. I just don't know how to move the carpet and hard floor to match this. It's ok. I'll weave a rug in my spare time.

4. Spend some quality time with Aaron and Judah. Hasn't quite happened yet BUT the week is not over with and I refuse to give up. Usually 1 of us will get up with Judah and the other will get some much needed sleep so we rarely SEE each other. Plus since I quit I don't see him at work either. Boo hoo. We are going to friend's tonight (Yeah Bronson and Molly) so that will be good times for us all.

Grammy and Pop Pop, we can't wait to hear all about this week. Thanks for taking off work and loving our kids. We know you will need some rest time after Saturday. The kids love this time so much and we can't thank you both for all the energy you put into this. Let us know when Judah is considered "old enough" to join. I vote as soon as he's weaned. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment