Okay I know I said I wished he would walk but now I don't anymore. He's been walking at least a month or 2 now. I used to follow him all around and pick things up and then I realized how stupid I was. Now I clean up every time he goes down for a nap or bed. Why don't I remember these things and how did I ever function when I had 2 toddlers. Oh yes, I forgot, I was only 30 and had tons of energy.
You don't realize what all you have that curious little walking human beings wanna see. First of all, the books on the coffee table, they really are only on there about 2 hours of the day. He swipes them off 1st chance he gets. My "pantry" is an open pantry - his favorite toys? Ramen Noodle packages. They make great crinkly noises. Masking tape rolls. Salad spinner. Nutri Bullet cups. Have I explained to you how much dog food and cat food he has eaten. Yeesh. The dog water is always fun. Plants hanging down. Pictures. DVD's. The volume knob. Kattor and Hobbes avoid him. What kid doesn't love everything under the sink? Every drawer is open with stuff being pulled out. Everything. Magnets on front door are there for him to play with but they are always scatter through out the house. My books? HA. Bookshelves were made for babies to pull all of them out and then try to walk on them.
Sometimes I wanna go to the bathroom. Alone. NOT. At first I put the TP roll out of sight. Then I had to start shutting the toilet lid. Then he gets under the sink and throws all my tampons around. Laish asked me, "What are those things anyway?" Ugh. I forget what I said but I didn't tell him. How do you explain that to your son? All the shampoo bottles get knocked down. I know I know, I finally got smart and just shut the door. All. The. Time. I used to like seeing the sun shine in from the bathroom. Not anymore. We usually end up keeping all the bedroom doors shut because I can't watch the kid 24/7. I would go crazy---er.
The one problem is, he can't get himself back up if he falls down. Which is all the time. So he army crawls to the nearest thing to get himself back up again. Good times. Do I sound annoyed? I am not. I love the kid. He brightens my day, gets me out of my depression and forces me to move. God knew I needed him. Am I bone tired at the end of the day? Yes. But I don't think many people get the chance to stay home anymore. I didn't with my other kids so I am gonna enjoy this time to the fullest. (Remind me of this post when I call crying).
BTW kids went back to school today (this was written last Thursday). Yep, sure did. Summer just started I thought. Anyway I get all these texts from friends and mom asking if I was ok because kids gone. NO NO NO. I am loving it. (Sorry Emma and Laish). But they were getting bored and we were getting on each other's nerves. They were up and at it and out the door. Wouldn't even let me walk them to the end of the road. We prayed over them the night before. They are fine. I'll add pics when they come home. Oh, Judah is crying. Out.
I forget about those toddler moments too until I watch somebody else's kid and all they do is thrash and move thrash and move thrash and move. Sometimes I wonder what the world would look like if adults mimicked the actions of toddlers. Next time Judah falls and does the army crawl, picture Kar doing it. Good stuff. Those images make me laugh out loud. -Beck
ReplyDelete