Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Update Tuesday April 8th

Update today: She actually slept well last night and her breathing in one side of her lung is def better. But not well. The doc told me we are looking at a few more days here though. Emma didn't take it as hard as she did the past 2 days. Ask me again tonight though. Her respiratory is down today in the 20's and 30's. Yeah! She isn't doing that quick breathing, short breaths. Her heart rate still up and she needs 24/7 with oxygen. The RT came in (bless you dear Pam) and said she can take off her oxygen mask for a whole 2 hours this afternoon. Said her 1 lung has barely any wheezing whatsoever. Just the right one that is still bad. Emma, you are a trooper. She gets super embarrassed by me (puh-lease). She's doing puzzles with Grammy, Daddy and Laish went shopping for us bc I brought no clothes with me. Yep, girls, I am wearing my gray sweats, flip flops, nursing tank and huge green shirt. For all the days. Oh yeah and underwear too. No, Sandra, I am not wearing that little red thing you gave me. Good grief.
The next step is to take her off oxygen w/o it falling so low. They are going to have her be able to walk around a little bit too once that's off. She has only been able to get up and go pee and quick come back. The ultimate goal is that she can be off everything and just use albuterol inhaler every 4 hours. Then we can think about discharge. They asked how long we had. Um, our spring break is going on now til Saturday. They were like, oh good, we have time. Emma's just like, uh no, I want a spring break. Emma, when this is over we will get you the moon, babe.
Emma hates her pic taken so you don't see many of her, but I am trying. I am sure she would love to hear from you all. She misses everybody!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. First of all, you guys stress me out. Secondly, I am so sorry your vacation ended up this way. But I think it helps us see all the angels in the world and puts things into perspective for us. Sometimes it's nice to see the good people are doing. Lastly, you better take Emma to Disney after this. Just saying. You guys are strong and doing great and rolling with the punches. One day you'll laugh at this. But for now tears are OK too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Emma Jea! I had no idea you were going through this! It made me wonder when Audree was telling me last night that you went to the hospital to get your medicine so I was a little confused! I'm sorry you are going through this, but its' in god's hands and you are doing a great job! Be brave like I know you are. Audree says a prayer for you every night. Love you all. Nita thanks for texting me and letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear what's been going on with Emma! I had no idea! I'll be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete