So it's been 2 1/2 months since we rushed away to the hospital on our 14th wedding anniversary. And if you haven't noticed it's been 1 year and 4 months since I've posted something. Don't ask me why I chose today to write something. Here's what happened in a nutshell:
I felt some cramping Tuesday September 3rd. No biggie. I always feel pain. You quite guessing if that pain means you are having a heart attack or what. You just learn to trust God that if it's your time to die, He'll take you. I know that sounds like my dad's way of thinking-I can eat 3 bowls of ice cream. If God takes me away bc I'm obese then it was supposed to happen. HA.
Anyway, so my water broke in the middle of the night. Bodie was sleeping next to me at the time. I woke up in a start and whoooooooooooosh. Water everywhere. I know some women tell you it doesn't happen like that but it did for me this time. Glad I wasn't in a grocery store. I told Bodie to go wake up Daddy who happened to be sleeping on the couch. NO, we weren't fighting. Don't ask. We kind of have a messed up sleeping arrangements. Well messed up to you guys but not for us. Currently kids have a made up bed on the floor in our bedroom. Judah sleeps in crib next to them. Me and Aaron in our bed eventually. Kids start out in our bed and throughout the night we play musical beds. It works for us. Don't judge.
Where was I? Oh, I had to tell Aaron 2x until he finally figured out we were going to have a baby this morning. He jumped up and got the kids around. We took them to my parents at 3am. By 3:30 in the hospital and getting hooked up to IV's. Epidural done.
Okay and now it's been 6 months since that day. Maybe I will get this blog post published before he's a year. To finish the birthing story bc who doesn't want to hear who had the best (and by best I mean worse) birth? This one was no biggie. Except that it hurt. Like a mother. And then he was out. Ta Da! Baby born into the world. They don't take him away anymore. They give you this nasty pasty baby and you are supposed to cuddle with it. Yeesh. I kept asking when they were going to clean him up. The nurses just kept saying, NO NO, skin to skin. I wanted to punch them and ask them if they wanted to be all snuggled up to that pasty white sticky skin. I know I sound like a jerk but he was born early so it was weird. Eventually I calmed down and realized I went through another humbling birthing experience (really God, this is how you finally decided to have babies brought into this world?). I was so in awe at this little guy.
6 months later I weigh the same that I did when I was pregnant, I don't sleep at night, and I am addicted to caffeine. Maybe some other things too BUT I have a sweet little Judah Blaine that looks up at me while nursing and smiles his cute little toothy smile, waits for me to be done yelling at his bro and sis, look down at him so he can go back to nursing. Just so we can do it all again in another minute. And I think, dang, what was life like before Judah? I may have more chronic pain and migraines but I have Judah. I may not sleep at night but I have Judah. I may have to work today, but I come home to Judah. (um and Aaron, Emma, Laish too). I wouldn't recommend to have a kid at 37 but if you get a Judah, then maybe you should. Especially if you have an Emma and Laish to help out.
You crack me up! Congratulations!! And now we neeeeeeed some baby pictures. Now. :)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't read your blog. I was blinded by your horse teeth.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to frame this horsey pic and hang it in my living room. That's hot! Also, sweet story. Judah is a blessing. God knows how much you can handle and he gave you bundle of joy!
ReplyDeleteyeah i know im your daughter
Delete