Three years ago to this day, I received an email from someone thanking me for my administrative help. (She even said I had a friendly smile). She told me that she was taking this Thanksgiving Holiday to thank people in her life that she appreciates. I was so touched by this email. I still have the email - I look at it when I get a sore attitude. So, SK, thank you for the email so many years ago. I want to do what you have done and take this Holiday season and not just think of whom I appreciate, but let them know, including the Wal-Mart clerk. What an awesome feeling it is to have someone tell you that they are thankful for you and all you do.
So I begin with you, SK, thanks for the encouraging words. Your family is so beautiful and you're a freakin' awesome mom! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks to Aaron, mi esposa....is it cheesy to say everything? Emma & Laish, you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. Mom Shetler, I appreciate your honesty, ability to watch my kids at 65, your sense of humor and your love for God. Dad Shetler, your love & grace. My siblings and their families, for moving/staying in Goshen, IN and sitting together in the front pews at Dad's church. Beck, for every last "Why I love June" letters. KarKar, for having a baby and being such a redneck. To my fellow employees (Carmen & Kristi) for dealing with my OCD. To Hope, for my Scripture Box, walking prayer, ladies behind their sheds, and letting me talk. I appreciate my in-law's - Mom & Dad D., who can say they love their in-law's? You are more than I ever dreamed you would be. Now move closer. To the people who work at fast food restaurants. I would hate your job. Thanks for serving my family. Thanks to Millie. You are a good friend & wish I had more time to chat with you. Thanks for having Seth so Laish can learn taekwondo & respect! Bersta, you are a rock to me. I'm sorry we treated you bad as little kids. Thanks to my doctor and her office - you deal with me on a weekly basis and are still friendly to me. Jennifer M, your advise with my kids has been invaluable and I always look forward to your visits upstairs during the day. Carol B, thank you for kneeling with me time and time again at the alter. Sandra, your friendship means the world to me. Jennifer Y, I appreciate the time & energy you have put into Friday nights with me & my kids and being my Raw consultant. Karena, thanks for being real and not flaky. I love our conversations and your willingess to let Christ change your life completely. Thank you, Jesus Christ, for all these people and so many more. I want to praise you with thanksgiving.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (Today's New International Version)
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
What a sweet post. (As tears are coming down my checks) I love you and am very grateful for you too my dear sister and friend!!!
ReplyDeleteAm I really that much of a redneck?
ReplyDeleteYes. Or you were. Just be one for me, alright?
ReplyDeleteJune
ReplyDeleteSo glad you did this. So glad someone has taken the time to celebrate this holiday for the right reason. And Kar is not a redneck. She's a jock-turned hippie!