
My firstborn is off at school. It's just beginning right now. Not sure how I'm feeling. Like something. a different thing has started that my mind can't quite comprehend. She didn't cry bc she was scared or nervous. She cried bc it was too early. 7:15 am for a bus to come is pretty dang early. As we started hugs and saying good-bye, I could see her lips starting to quiver. Things happened so fast that she couldn't start crying. I know she's fine and that Mrs. Pfenning, whoever you are, will be a great teacher to my precious Emma. As good as her Aunt Beck would've been teaching her? No. But good nonetheless. Grammy's voice rang out at 6:30am to wish her 1st granddaughter a good day. She wanted nothing to do with the good day. Her Daddy reminisced that prayer was the way he was sent out the door to meet the bus and we wrapped our arms around each other in hopes this would comfort our anxiety. She wasn't feeling grateful to God right then. But as parents, we were. How do you send your child off to strangers and with strange friends, a strange bus driver named Sue with no breakfast in her tummy and her hair half combed bc she was going to snap and throw the dang brush at me? Prayer. God somehow gives you the strength to let her go. This is only the beginning of our letting her go. But I felt a tinge of what God must feel watching us in this big scary world.
God, never let me forget the steps you took in giving us the freedom to choose You. I pray she comes home at 3:10pm today knowing that Your face has shone upon her throughout her 1st day in Kindergarten.
I'm back from a trip to the tissue box! Tears wiped and now for encouragement. Amazing that Emma is going to school, you are entering a new world. Many times I've been so blessed by the care shown to my kids by their teachers and staff at school. She will do great, make new friends, grow bc of new experiences. She'll have so much to tell you. Praying for you as you make this adjustment. From a Mom who's been there, there are no rewards for not crying so cry on! And then remember that her growing up is a good thing. Embrace this season.
ReplyDeleteYou have been on my mind and in my prayers,
Carol B
How lovely it is that God gives us so many relationships in this earth that illustrate how he loves us in so many, multi-faceted ways!
ReplyDelete7:15 to 3:10 is a long time... hang in there.
Don't worry. Every parent, every child, and yes, every teacher has those first day jitters :)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a milestone!! Hang in there, it does get easier. She will tell you all about the fun she had, the new friends she made, etc. Don't forget the Kissing Hand ... Mommy's love, just like God's love is always with her :-)!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer M.
You didn't tell me any of this (ok, maybe her crying about waking up early) when I called you to ask about her first day. I will need to make sure to check your blog to find out what is going on I guess. :) Love you sister! And my sweet Emma too.
ReplyDeleteYou're a good mom, Renita! Those arms you and Aaron wrapped around her and prayed will be remembered as a good thing and even now though she can't express it! Love ya', Your mom who went through this 6 times. God is faithful!
ReplyDelete