Here's Hobbes waiting patiently on Emma's birthday gift. Yes, we have a cat. That's for another story. Mrs. Pussums was her real name but Aaron refused to adopt that name after we adopted her from his friend. He decided on Hobbes like my favorite comic "Calvin & Hobbes".
And then on to Laish, ahem, I mean "Shadow". I had to listen to him whine all last night after coming home from Ms. Sandra's house (his friend Andrew's house he goes to on Thursday's) that he really, really wants his name to be Shadow. I still have no idea what brought this on but I got this picture from my Mom this afternoon. Grandma and Aunt Shelly are babysitting him today while I'm at work and took him downtown Main Street where the businesses hand out candy to kids trick-or-treating. The text/pix said "Batman aka Shadow". Sigh. I hope this is a short episode. And no, we don't normally celebrate Halloween - it's usually Autumn we celebrate. But I don't feel like getting into the whole debate over is this Satan's holiday or not. That again, will be for another time. On a side note, I tried to tell Laish a story last night about Daddy having a friend named Shadow because he used to follow Daddy around everywhere he went. I don't think he got it or cared. Just mad that we hadn't named him Shadow. Duh. I told him to go for it - tell everybody his name was Shadow, but I was also ready to get a restraining order on me to stay away from my kids bc they (mostly Shadow) was so so bad last night, so I would've said anything to make him go to bed. Who cares though, right? So my kid wants to be called a dog's name. So what. There are worse things, right? He said Laish was too girly sounding and I'm sure this is just the beginning of "I don't want to be called Laish" episodes. Hence the already given nickname "Bodie". (second sigh). What were we thinking, Aaron? By the way, Laish is Hebrew for lion and I fell in love with the name. But lesson learned.....don't name your kid weird Hebrew names. Unless it's cool.
I can sympathize. Isis is Billy, Caleb, Baby, Baby's Mommy, Miss Kim or any other random person she encounters. She is an alter-ago more than she is herself. It's not a fun game.
ReplyDeleteDriving with R. he is 5 or 6 totally out of the blue "I wish my name was Rat! R-A-T Rat!" Me "umm why?" him "I like it, I can spell it and mostly I like it." me "uh I don't think so. Your dad and I really like your name." Quietly to himself "aww I want to be called Rat."
ReplyDeleteThis to shall pass or so they tell me (whom ever they are).
oh and the horse game! Reuben loves it when you get sick of playing it give me a ring and he can play it with her (grin)
ReplyDeleteRenita...i didn't realize you blogged!! I just stumbled on it! Cute blog! Funny thing about names...micah wants to change his name too..well just his last name cause it's too amish :)
ReplyDelete