Aaron is getting ready to go on a trip. It's been a long time since I can remember him escaping life and heading to the mountains. He leaves with his buddies on Saturday to venture out into this world, to Ohio, to Hershey, PA and to his beloved mountains in Virginia. The week ahead looks wild. Work, babysit, Bible study, babysit, be with my kids, work and work & play. He's checked his list which included asking people to mow so I wouldn't have to and probably asking other things that I unaware of. He made sure to fix the van's a/c before he left with the BMW so me and the kids were taken care of. Who's the man?
It's close to Father's Day and my heart is so in love with this man. He works. Hard. He loves his children. A lot. He's not your typical guy - he does the laundry and the dishes. He mows our lawn because I hate our mower. I love that he doesn't get a new mower just because it's not self-propelled. He's simple. It's fine. He unloads the dishwasher because I don't like to. (You might be wondering what the heck I do all day????) I know that I have more free time as a Mother to spend with my children and that is such a precious gift. Thank you, babe! Thanks for making sure you kiss me at the beginning and end of each day. I love your tattoo. Well, both of them but I love the bird floating on your back. Your back full of muscles. I trace it when he sleeps, unware of my touch!
Enjoy your trip, babe, your Phish shows and your buds. Me and the kids will miss you....
Awesome. I think we lucked out with our husbands who do stuff like housework :) Hope your week goes okay. Just order out and make it as easy as possible for yourself. You'll realize it's much more doable if you don't do too much. Give yourself a break too, you deserve it :)
ReplyDeleteI think we all married amazing men. Not bad for a bunch of GOONIES. Hope he has a blast! Best of luck as a single mom for a week. Alvin and I will pray for you. Miss you
ReplyDeleteK
agreed there 'K'! I don't know if I fall in the list of 'Goonies'( although I always loved the movie) Bri Bri, as you all call him, endearingly, I'm not sure he finds it endearing?? He does do housework....but not if I can help it! If we are having a party or something the day of the party he decides to help me clean and starts taking the entire living room apart and dusting in places I have not dusted for 5 years! gotta love that it finally gets done, but it kinds makes me crazy that he does it when company is coming in 3 hours. So I think i will plan a pretend party so he does the thorough cleaning without me stressing over the other things that need to get done. So next time you are invited to my house for a party (Parties here are usually twice a year...one for each kid)...call Brian and tell him his truck is looking a little rough.
ReplyDelete