Okay so I'm realizing how hard it is to actually keep a blog with only internet at work. Sometimes I get so jealous of the fancy blogs and fun things people can spend time online doing. Then I realize I don't really need another addiction. The blog was to keep far away family up-to-date with things, NOT see how I rank in the blog world. (Which is why Aaron and I are spending our date night at my office on the internet). So....with that in mind, here's the latest happenings in Detwiler-ville, Goshen style.


Winter is over. (I think. Today I turned the heat on.) Ice is gone. Kids enjoyed the ice-sculpting this winter downtown. You will see here a beautiful sculpting of the maple leaf that so wonderfully represents our city. And some other stuff.Laish accidentally got whacked in the top of his head with an aluminum bat by a neighbor kid. (Not his fault). But that scared the crap out of me. There are still blood drips on our patio to remind me of that moment of chaos and horror as I grabbed the first thing I could find - a kitchen towel. Put that on Laish's screaming head and helpless watched Emma and the othe
r kids watch me panicking. Emma always cries and freaks out like me and I felt so helpless that I couldn't comfort her. Laish is a rock. He probably just cried because everyone was freaking out that blood was coming out of his head and rolling down his face. He probably didn't even feel any pain, to be honest. Don't ask him to look at his head. Just like you don't sing Happy Birthday to him or ask him to wear pants. He's got some issues. Jakin, the boy who hit him, went home crying because he felt so bad. I told that to Laish and Laish later told me to "go tell Jaking that I'm okay and that I forgive him." The newest thing is to climb the roof of the play house that Pop Pop built. I hate it but geez, what are you gonna do? Especially when Aaron does it with them?I'm getting my baby fix watching Carly every Tuesday. Some friends we met through Aaron's work. She is the sweetest thing in the world and besides some mishaps where Laish likes to think he can pick her up, all is well. 



Emma, our love, is so awesome. I can't say enough about her. She goes to her bed when we say. Sleeps all night in there. Wakes up great for school. LOVES school. Reads like
a champ. She's kind of bored reading chapter books already. Obeys us for the most part. I'm learning to enjoy her personali
ty so much more. She loves to tease and joke with us. Always smil
ing (or bossing Laish). She wrote me a Mother's Day card at school about how she loves my "brownyes and monster cookies". She loves her cousins and her "boyfriend"/neighbor Damon. (sigh). Lord, help us....... 


I know it's a pain, but well worth it for those of us far away. We love hearing about Laish. He's such a boy. Can't wait to see you all soon!
ReplyDeleteBeck